Thursday, November 8, 2012

"Thankful For..." catch up

I've been too busy to get to my computer this week, so today, I'm going to post three "thankful for" posts.

Day 6: I'm thankful for moments of inspiration. As of late, I've been reading Jen's blog at "I Heart Organizing." It's been very inspiring to me. This girl gets me! Anyway, I read something in there that she wrote, that really hit me. Goes something like this: "On average, we spend 40 minutes a day trying to find stuff. However, for every minute we spend organizing, we gain 1 hour." I truly believe this. Exactly why I'm striving to get better organized. I want to be able to maximize on my time. Now, I'm the more inspired to take the time to get this place organized, stat! It will be so worth it. I'm getting there!

Day 7: I'm thankful for great organization tools.  Inspired as I have been, I purchased these cool refrigerator decals from the Martha Stewart line at Staples. They are adhesive, but removable, and can actually stick to many surfaces, including on the refrigerator. They provide space to write on, with a dry erase marker. I like to plan out my meals for each week, and shop for my needed groceries once a week. Shopping this way keeps me from accumulating food items I just end up forgeting about, and it keeps my pantry cabinets from getting cluttered. It also helps me stay on budget, which is the best part.

I like to write my dinner meal plan for each day



I like to have my shopping list in plain view.
 
Day 8: I'm, oh so thankful, for the rain! It's raining today nice and good, and I love it. Sure, it poses some inconveniences, but the best part is, it waters my plants for me! I love my garden, but it's a bit of work. When the rain comes, I get a break! And, it does a far better job of watering my plants than I can.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment