Friday, December 21, 2012

December Time

Happy Friday everyone. I really should say Happy December, and Happy Holidays. I've been mia on here for too long now. I completely let my "thankful for" posts in November fall by the wayside. I was gonna try to play catch up on that because I can not stand to start something and not finish it. I've decided to forgive myself for that one though. I've been crazy overwhelmed with life as a super busy mom of four. I'm trying to stay positive though. Some days, I have to try harder than others. Today happened to be one of those days, but after taking a moment to cry it out, I feel a little better. Stayin' positive!

Ok, so here's just a couple of highlights from my month so far. My husband and I went to his company Christmas party earlier in the month. I like to joke that it is our one out of two dates we get to go on per year. It's actually kinda true. Perhaps in the future, that will change. That being said, I look forward to it every year. His company goes all out to make the party super fabulous, and this year was no exception. It was a 007 theme and it took place at an auto club. I can't remember the name of the place, but it was cool. They had some really nice sports cars, and muscle cars, and antique cars on display. So fun. Anyway, what's a girl to wear to such an event, you ask? I wanted to go sparkly, and I didn't want to spend a dime, so I pulled out an old dress that I couldn't bear to part with because I always had certain "plans" for it. This was the time to carry those plans out. I wore this dress as a sponsor in my cousin's wedding over 11 years ago. I always wanted to chop it off and make it a cocktail length dress for such an occasion as this. I did it! How I found the time to do it, I'm still wondering myself. I ended up having to do it the day of the party. All I know is I did a sloppy rushed job, no measuring or careful cutting, all while my toddler thought it would be great fun to roll around on the dress as I had it laid out on the couch to cut. A very comedic memory, I must say. Here's the dress before:






And here I am in the dress, posing in front of my future vehicle!

Although it was a sloppy job, I was very pleased with the outcome. In addition to raising the hem, I also pulled it up at the shoulders for a bit more coverage. I may not be completely done with this dress yet. There may be an addition of cap sleeves one day. I'll keep you posted.
 
And, here is a photo of me and my hubby at a local restaurant after the party. So in love with this man!



And in other news, a young friend of mine got married also earlier this month. That was quite the happy event for us all. She's a young lady that I've known through the church since she was a child. She met her, now husband, in mid October, and just a couple months later, they are now married! Sounds crazy, but she's not crazy. She has such strong Christian character, as does her husband, and I'm so excited for their new life together in service to the Lord. I had the honor and privilege of doing the bride's hair for her wedding. The style suited her well, and I was pleased with the final outcome. Most importantly, she was pleased with the outcome. And, here are photos of the beautiful bride and her lovely hair!
 
 
I have had the privilege of knowing all of these lovely young ladies since they were small children. They've all been my bible class students as young kids.



The back view of her hair
 
The bride and the groom off to start their new life
 
Well, that's it for now. I'm happy to finally have posted after some time. I'm hoping to post a couple more times before the end of the year, so stay tuned. My downstairs work is almost finished. I can't wait! Until next time, happy December everyone.


2 comments:

  1. love it! what great pics of M&J! I will have to show you one on my phone tomorrow at church. You nailed the dress re-do. way to go! Love the photo of you and Mo. I need to take Willie to that car place soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peggy! Your boy would love this place. I'll try to figure out the name and pass you the info.

      Delete