Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Flood Damage Repair


Remember when I posted a couple months ago about how our basement flooded? Well, our friend has offered to do the repairs for us, and things are now underway!

 

Here you can see how he cut the sheet rock on the bottom of the walls, prepping to replace it. They had to drill holes all around the base in order for the big blow dryers to reach in the walls to dry the sheet rock.

 
Here, we have a cluster of closets separating the bedroom and the family room area.Really, they were not very functional for us, and quite annoying. My husband and I have been discussing tearing them down to widen the room, and when he mentioned it to our friend, he insisted that now was a good time to do it since there was all this repair needed to be done anyway.  So, he convinced us that it was more possible than we thought, and offered to do this project also! This is one of those things that we thought would not get done for years down the line. I'm so excited. He's been coming by and getting this done steadily. It's really coming together. I can't wait to post more pictures of the finished project. I still have to go through the pile of stuff in the garage and elsewhere, that was displaced during this ordeal, but for now, I'm so excited that this is getting done, and thankful to our talented friend for helping us do this.
 

1 comment:

  1. so exciting! I can't picture it - I need to come by and remember. It's always great to open up space.

    ReplyDelete