Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Conquering the paper clutter... again

Well, I've had it! My life is too crazy and cluttered, and it's starting to bring me down. Two little boys, (friends of my boys) were talking to my sons while they were seated in our minivan, and they couldn't stop talking about how horribly messy our van was. I admit, although they're just kids, it kinda got to me! Fed up as I've been, I decided to do a little something about it.
      I've done this in the past, so I thought I'd do it again. I decided to assign small attainable tasks for each day this week. Monday's task was to put magazine boxes in my office cabinet to organize my boys' school work. This is one thing that piles up fast, and I'd like to keep it all together. I did it!

In my office cabinet with the other papers!

I've had these for over a year now.They are for their homework for the week, important papers such as permission slips, and their library books. This way, we dont' lose track of these things, and its on my console table, in easy reach for my boys. This system has worked out well for us.

I found this at Staples. It's a two pocket organizer for letters and such, by Martha Stewart. I've decided to use it for my coupons. One pocket for food coupons, and one for miscellaneous items. I'm not an extreme couponer, but I do like to use them when I know its an item I normally purchase, however, sometimes, they get lost in my drop box that I leave on the counter, and I end up not using them. This way, they're handy, and posted right under my shopping list white board, so I can check if I have any coupons I can use just before a shopping trip. So hopefully, my paper clutter will be better under control. I do feel less cluttered in the head at least!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that Martha Stewart line! I hope those kids don't see my car!

    ReplyDelete