Tuesday, September 18, 2012

On the run!

Life has been busy. One thing that I've always enjoyed doing ever since I was a kid, is being physically fit and exercising. In my younger years, I ran track and cross country, and participated in a few sports in high school and college. Working out has always been a part of my life. Some days are better than others, but I've never completely fallen off the wagon. Well, while I was pregnant, I ceased all exercise except walking. Carrying a baby inside me for nine months was exercise enough! Well, I've gotten back into it recently, and as of late, have established a somewhat haphazard routine. My friend Peggy and I started doing yoga together earlier this Summer. I really like it, though I'm not that great at it. It's completely brand new to me. I definitely notice the benefits. I feel stronger for sure. Also, I've gotten back into running. Sometimes on my treadmill, and just recently, outside. I've been so motivated lately that I signed up to run my first 5k since high school ( a fairly long time ago)! I'll be doing the Mermaid Run in San Francisco this November! I'm so excited. Here is the link for the race I'm running!

http://www.mermaidseries.com/home

1 comment:

  1. Oh how I miss you at Yoga! Yesterday I went for a the 90 minute version and thought I'd puke! haha

    ReplyDelete