Monday, June 25, 2012

The Never Ending "To Do" List

Well, I didn't finish my paper box project by the end of last week. I should've known I was being over ambitious! It is this week's priority, and I've already been working on it.
One thing that I've noticed is that when I write my "to do" lists in my planner, I'm much more motivated to accomplish things, and I feel such gratification every time I cross off an item. What I like to do is separate my "to do" lists into three categories; one huge one of all the things that need to get done, one for the things that need to get done during the week, and a list for each day. This is a suggestion also given by Jennifer Ford Berry in her book "Organize Now." What is most important is to be realistic in what you can accomplish and not list too many things to do on any given day. If you fill up your day, you leave no room for the things that just happen to come up that day, and you end up not accomplishing all the items. It feels so much more rewarding when you can cross off everything on your daily list. Well, that's one thing that I'm getting back to doing; writing my "to do" lists. This is a habit I have had in the past, but have lately stopped. Now that I'm getting back to it, I feel more positive that my "new normal" is just around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment