Friday, February 15, 2013

Valentine's Fun

Happy Valentine's Day, technically a day late, but I'm up late at the end of Valentine's Day as I know it. My two older boys had a small school project to create their own Valentine boxes to be used to receive valentines from their classmates. I was proud of them in their creativity and excitement for this project. They had a great time at school. Here's what they came up with:

My oldest and his "Plants vs Zombies" themed box....



...with his creative conversation hearts on top!
My second grader's box with some "Phineas and Ferb..."

...and some cool hearts all over.


 

Also, I have been staying on track with my daily bible reading. This is such a great feeling. Everything else in my life seems way out of sorts and chaotic at best, but at least I can gladly say that this new habit I'm forming is staying steady. This week, I read about the death and resurrection of our Savior, Jesus Christ. Thinking about love this day, and week, I can not think of any better love story than this one. Knowing that Jesus endured such a cruel death so that I can have a home in Heaven... that's love greater than any other. 


1 comment:

  1. I thought the same thing this week about the reading of the crucifixion. So hard to read and know it was all for us! I love J's box- be mine, if you dare! hahaha. So glad we ran - then I ate like a pig- feel terrible - have to get back on track tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete